5 Clever uses for Paper clips:
- Help Fix a Hem: No straight pins? No problem. Use a paper clip to keep folded-over fabric in place when sewing a simple hem. Just slide it along the material as you work.
- Repair Sunglasses: Replace the missing screw in your favorite pair of shades by sticking a small, opened paper clip in its place. Snip any excess metal with scissors or wire cutters and you’re ready for the sun.
- Dye Easter Eggs: Use a large paper clip to dip eggs into the dye bath for an even color. Open up the clip, bend one end into a circle, and then push the other end up to make a handle. Place a hardboiled egg in the circle and dunk.
- Make a Banner: Craft a quick garland for a birthday party. Create a chain out of colorful paper clips and attach photos every few inches. Hang it at eye level so folks can appreciate the pictures (and your handiwork!)
- Keep Tabs on Tea Bags: Prevent the paper tab on your tea bag from slipping into the hot water by weighing it down with a small paper clip. Dangle it over the side of the mug until you remove the bag.
Resources: Woman’s Day Magazine