5 Things to do with flour, save a few bucks and even safe for the kids:
- Clean Playing Cards: Put them in a plastic bag with a half-cup of flour. Shake for a minute then remove cards and shuffle the deck a few times over the sink.
- Unstick a Lid: Have a plastic lid that closes too tight? Dip the container edge in flour to prevent sticking.
- Clean Heavy White Fabrics: Spot clean white canvas, leather, faux leather, vinyl and even curtains by rubbing flour into the dirt lines, then brush clean.
- Mix-up Some Glue: Whip up craft glue for kids by mixing 1 part flour with 3 parts water. Boil and stir until it becomes a paste. Then store in fridge.
- Make Clay: Knead together 1 cup water, 3 cups flour and 1 tsp vegetable oil. Add food coloring if you like. To store, moisten and wrap it in plastic and put in the fridge.
Resources: Woman’s Day Magazine