Just a few ideas of how you can use Lemons (other then cooking):
- Improve flavor: Add to green tea to reduce the bitterness and help increase your body’s absorption of antioxidants.
- Get fresh: Cut a lemon and use as an all-natural deodorant for your armpits and feet.
- Soothe Sunburn: Mix lemon juice and cool water and gently apply to your skin. It will help your body recover more quickly from a MILD sunburn.
- De-stain your laundry: Squeeze lemon juice on an ink stain, let sit overnight, and then launder as usual. Repeat if needed before drying.
- Clean your pots: Make a paste of lemon juice and salt, and rub it on copper to remove oxidation. Rinse well and dry.
And to think you can spend a few dollars to purchase a dwarf tree, plant it in a pot and grow your own lemons. Planting in a pot makes sense when living in a cold climate zone, you can store it inside, in a garage or shed during the cold season.
Here are a few sites where you can find them:
Resource: Woman’s Day Magazine