Summer is approaching and we have 7 plants to repel, insects and pest. You will be amazed at the simple plants you can put around the house to repel some of those nasty creatures:
- Mint and Bay Leaves: Not only does it smell nice, but it keeps away ants and mice. Crush some to release the fragrance and it’ll run off any strays that come your way. Add some Bay Leaves to the mix and you’ll get rid of those nasty roaches too.
- Lemongrass: This pretty plant will help to keep away those annoying mosquitos and bees.
- Basil: This not only adds flavor to your cooking, but can make those flies fly away.
- Geraniums: Not only can they add a nice amount of color to your yard or garden, but also they keep out the Japanese Beetles.
- Catnip: Read in several places that this stuff will ward off a long list of bugs including mosquitos and flies.
- Pyrethrum Chrysanthemums (aka Mums): These cute little flowers help to repel roaches, fleas, ticks, bedbugs, lice, silverfish, ants and much more.
Do not wait until it is to late in the season to plant, so head on over to your local garden center and get planting.