Your Yeoman would like to welcome Kate Kristen as one of our contributing bloggers! Kate is a military spouse that resides in D.C. with her husband and son, Carson (and what a cutie he is!). Kate runs Spouses in the City, is a social club created to encourage positive friendships and giving back to the community. A gal after our own hearts. We look forward to reading her post and happy to share her stories, fun information and yes adventures!
Homemade Scented Body Lotion
I love starting my day with a yummy scented body lotion. It brightens my mood in the morning and leaves me feeling refreshed! Funny thing is I used to do the same thing with any one of my 15+ perfumes I would spritz all over me, but considering they are not so healthy I had so find an alternative. Ugh was it painful to say bye bye to my perfumes! What could I possibly switch to that would not deprive me of my favorite part of my morning routine or break the bank?
- Purchase an unscented body lotion. I like The Honest Co., Nature’s Gate, Desert Essence.
- Purchase an unscented body oil. (for dryer skin or during the winter season) I use Honest Co.
- Purchase your favorite essential oil or snag a few to keep your scent options open. I usually buy my essential oils from Mom’s Organic Market, Whole Foods or you can give these online retailers a try…Amazon.com or Young Living.
- Squeeze a quarter size of body lotion, a pea size of body oil (if using) and two to five drops of your favorite essential oil in the palm of your hand and rub together.
- Slather all over, take a deep breath and enjoy your yummy scent!
*If you prefer to mix this all up ahead of time you can buy a BPA free plastic lotion bottle, mix 1/8 of the bottle with body oil (if using), the rest of the bottle filled with unscented body lotion and add 15 to 25 drops of your favorite essential oil. Remember, you can always add a few more drops, but you can’t remove them. Take a little out with a q-tip, rub on your wrist to test the intensity of the fragrance.