Good morning! Here is the perfect soup recipe for those Pumpkin lovers!
- 1 Tbsp TJ’s Olive Oil
- 1 container of TJ’s Chopped Onions, Garlic & Shallots
- 2-3 TJ’s Organic Gold Potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 box TJ’s Pumpkin Soup
- 2 cups TJ’s Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp TJ’s Cumin
- TJ’s Salt & TJ’s Pepper to taste
- 1 package TJ’s Fresh Organic Sage
- 1 cup shredded TJ’s Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups TJ’s Tuscan Kale (stems removed)
- 4 small TJ’s Tiger Stripe Pumpkins (optional serving bowl)
Add olive oil to a medium pot on medium high heat. Stir in onion, garlic & shallot mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add potato and brown for another minute, then add pumpkin soup, chicken broth, cumin, salt, pepper and 1 sage leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove sage leaf and add cheese and kale and cook another 5 minutes. To prepare the pumpkin serving bowls: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, cut a large circle around each pumpkin’s stem, remove the top and hollow out the seeds. Gently add the pumpkins and stems to the boiling water with a slotted spoon and blanch for 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook the pumpkins. This will sterilize the inside of the pumpkin and will help keep the soup warm. Carefully remove the pumpkins and stems from the pot and drain the excess water. Ladle each serving of stew into a pumpkin, garnish with extra cheese and sage, then serve immediately. Do not store stew in pumpkins overnight.