Perfect for those cool fall evenings….Hearty Minestrone Soup recipe from Whole Foods Market.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced Savoy cabbage
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 large stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup dried fusilli pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or white beans, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until translucent. Add broth, cabbage, tomato paste, parsley, basil, celery, carrots, bay leaf, and tomatoes with their juice and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add chickpeas, pasta and beans and simmer for another 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.