Can’t get the kids to eat veggies? Give this sweet recipe a try from Whole Foods Market:
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 clementines or satsumas, peeled and chopped (remove any seeds)
- 1 pound (7 to 8 medium) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
In a medium saucepan, heat clementines and butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until clementines are soft, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and salt; cover the pan, lower heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are just tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and serve warm or at room temperature.