Good morning! Here is a good recipe for any of those extra pumpkin seeds you may have hanging around:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cherries, chopped dates or other dried fruit (optional)
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Combine dates with 1/2 cup warm water and let sit 10 minutes. Transfer dates and soaking liquid to a food processor and process until they form a thick paste.
Combine flaxseed meal with 6 tablespoons warm water. Whisk together, and let sit 5 minutes, until thickened.
In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, millet, sesame seeds, cinnamon and ginger. Pour date paste mixture and flaxseed mixture over oat mixture. Mix well, stirring until evenly coated. Spread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crunchy, about 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the baking process. Let cool before stirring in raisins. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days, or keep in the freezer for longer storage.